7 Questions That Can Positively Transform Your Relationship
Great Question Lead to Great Conversations
Here’s 7 questions you can ask your partner each week to help you bond. They could positively transform your connection.
7 Great Questions
1. What are the main stressors for you this week? What can I do to help?
2. What’s something I can do to help you with your career, parenting, health, friendships, or your spiritual life?
3. How can we make time to connect this week? What would you like to do to connect?
4. What’s one thing I can do MORE of this week to help our relationship?
5. What’s one thing I can do LESS of this week to help our relationship?
6. Is there anything I’ve done recently that has hurt you that I need to make right?
7. Am I doing anything that makes it difficult for us to talk?
Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principal that holds all relationships. – Stephen Covey
Guidelines for Using These Questions
Both of you answer each question. Take no more than 30 minutes for all 7. Turn off the TV and minimize other distractions (e.g. children, phones, etc.).
Look at each other, talk, and listen. Be curious! Prove you’re listening by paraphrasing what you hear. Cut yourself some slack if this feels awkward because new positive habits almost always feel awkward at first.