Here’s 7 questions you can ask your partner each week to help you bond. They could positively transform your connection.
7 Great Questions
- What are the main stressors for you this week? What can I do to help?
- What’s something I can do to help you with your career, parenting, health, friendships, or your spiritual life?
- How can we make time to connect this week? What would you like to do to connect?
- What’s one thing I can do MORE of this week to help our relationship?
- What’s one thing I can do LESS of this week to help our relationship?
- Is there anything I’ve done recently that has hurt you that I need to make right?
- Am I doing anything that makes it difficult for us to talk?
Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principal that holds all relationships. – Stephen Covey
Guidelines for Using These Questions
Both of you answer each question. Take no more than 30 minutes for all 7. Turn off the TV and minimize other distractions (e.g. children, phones, TV, etc.).
Look at each other, talk, and listen. Be curious! Prove you’re listening by paraphrasing what you hear. Cut yourself some slack if this feels awkward because new positive habits almost always feel awkward at first.
If you found this information helpful, SUBSCRIBE TODAY, and you’ll receive our Free PDF of 50 Great Relationship Building Questions AND our Free Life Balance Tips eBook!
If you like my style, and found this helpful, SUBSCRIBE TO TUNE UP FOR LIFE. Learn about healthy thinking skills, self concept, life balance, core values, life purpose, goal setting, transformational habits, and more.