25 Books That Have Changed My Life for the Better
Each One Has Positively Impacted My Clients
I’ve read a lot of books and special few have inspired me deeply. Some have changed and possibly saved my life, and I want to share them with you.
Here’s how I decided on my list:
1. I’ve read the book multiple times because it’s been so helpful.
2. I love it so much, I’ve had it in more than one format (eBook, print, audio, etc.)
3. The book is so relevant, I can see myself reading and recommending it 25 years from now.
4. The book follows the K.I.S.S principle. Keep It Super Simple. The book does the best job possible of making things understandable.
- “The War of Art” by Steven Pressfield
A clear view on the process of creativity and the battle within.
- “The Dip” by Seth Godin
How to make major life decisions.
- “How to Win Friends & Influence People“ by Dale Carnegie
The essentials of building healthy relationships.
- “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer
This book helped me understand anxiety from a new perspective.
- “The Search for Significance” by Robert S. McGhee
The truth about building real self-confidence.
- “48 Days to the Work You Love” by Dan Miller
The practical truth about finding the right career fit.
- “The Wounded Heart” by Dan Allender
Understand the impact of abuse and how to heal these wounds.
- “First Things First“ by Stephen R. Covey
My all time favorite book on time management and prioritization.
- “Boundaries” by Henry Cloud
Practical tips on setting and maintaining relationship boundaries.
- “Emotional Intelligence 2.0” by Travis Bradbury
Understanding emotional health and practical ways you can grow healthier.
- “Choose Yourself!“ by James Altucher
Overcoming the victim mentality by making yourself a priority.
- “Feel the Fear…and Do it Anyway“ by Susan Jeffers
The 1st great practical book on facing your fears I ever read. (I was 21 years old.)
- “Daring Greatly” by Brene Brown
The 2nd great practical book on facing your fears I ever read. (At age 38.)
- “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Victor Frankl
We cannot avoid suffering, but we can choose how we cope with it.
- “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki
The 1st great practical book on personal financial literacy I ever read. Understanding the difference between an asset and a liability.
- “The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
The 2nd great practical book on personal financial literacy I ever read. How to avoid debt, budget, and save.
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Timeless and practical wisdom on making life work.
- “The Compound Effect“ by Darren Hardy
Intentionally create a positive future step-by-step.
- “Influence” by Robert Caildini & “Influencer” by Joseph Grenny
The psychology behind impacting others.
- “Leadership and Self-Deception” by The Arbringer Institute
Powerful insights on motivation, conflict, and collaboration.
- “Rhinoceros Success” by Scott Alexander
Fun and inspiring read on personal growth, success, and life balance.
- “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living“ by Dale Carnegie
The timeless classic on coping with anxiety.
- “How to Think like Leonardo da Vinci” by Michael Gelb
How to tap into the creativity we all have inside.
- “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis
A classic that helped me make sense of the Christian faith.
- “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Norman Vincent Peale
How to change your perspective from negative to positive.
You’ve heard the saying “you are what you eat”, well, “you are what you read.” Eat junk and you become unhealthy. Read uplifting, healthy, and inspiring books and that’s what you will become.
No book is perfect. I can find flaws in all those I recommend. But approach reading from a place of being willing to learn. Be willing to be inspired. These books won’t let you down.
Adam Gragg is a life coach and mental health therapist. He specializes in life transitions, career issues, marriage and family counseling, and helping people overcome anxiety and depression. He is skilled at helping workplace teams thrive through corporate training. Click here to find out how he can help you, and your team, get to the next level.